Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
- 1 shoulder roast or leg roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard ( I like to use PC Whole Grain Dijon)
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- Cut pork roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, onion, chicken broth and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns, if desired. You can also serve over cooked egg noodles. Yield: 12 servings.